"A Cape Cod Boil"

"A Cape Cod Boil"
Click Image to View My Website or to purchase available paintings

Sunday, December 11, 2011

New Work, December 11, 2011

"Playing Koi"
9" x 12"
$300
Some good friends had recently built a beautiful Koi pond in their backyard and invited my husband and I over for dinner and to see their recent renovations. When it was "dinner time" for the fish, I went along to watch them be fed. They would literally lift their heads out of the water in anticipation of a meal. When they saw me and my camera, they suddenly turned very shy and hid under the water plants...hence, the title.

"Eagle Pond"
9" x 12"
$300
This is one of several views I have done of this pond. There are paths all the way around and each side has something interesting to see. In this painting I was trying to capture the difference in the transparency of the water where the shadows fall and the bottom shows up a bit darker and where the sky reflection fades and the bottom shows up, but much lighter. It was very challenging, but I enjoyed it immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment