"A Cape Cod Boil"

"A Cape Cod Boil"
Click Image to View My Website or to purchase available paintings

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Landfall

"Landfall"
16" x 20"

I really like painting stormy scenes, but it's hard to catch them. You have a small window of time when the storm is close, but not yet so windy or rainy you have to worry about your camera or getting electrocuted by a bolt of lightening. I told my husband if I hadn't been a painter I'd have been a storm chaser. I have not changed anything about the actual photo and I don't know about you, but I see a baleful eye making landfall.

1 comment:

  1. hi Jill - beautiful pastel work! love the vibrant, rich colours in Landfall. Is this a place close to where you live? I see sunsets, sometimes, at our cottage that remind me a little of this in terms of sky colour intensity. I also really like your marshes - a subject that has been a focus for me too. Enjoy the rest of the day. PM

    ReplyDelete