"A Cape Cod Boil"

"A Cape Cod Boil"
Click Image to View My Website or to purchase available paintings

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Time Flies

Time Flies
(20" x 20")
This pen & ink was created for the weekly Daily Paintworks Challenge. This week Carol Marine challenged us to either work in an unfamiliar medium or with a subject matter that is different from our usual style. I went back to a medium I worked in when I was first beginning to do art. This is such a good exercise to go back to working tightly and neatly and slowly rather than the splashy colorful way I work with pastel. This piece is about time passing which is kind of ironic since it took me three times as long to produce as a pastel. The flowers represent different seasons of the year and the birds are the clock hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment